Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Sure Sign I Stayed Up Too Late

I decided BPAL needed to make a line of scents for the Lost Boys, and since they probably weren't going to by tomorrow, I went ahead and made up some of my own. (Please note, I know exactly squat about mixing fragrances and some of the things I picked might be able to knock a wolverine off a month old moose carcass when combined. No disrespect to the folks at BPAL who actually know what they are doing. I'm just passing the time before morning.)

David
The leader of the Pack. Leather and night winds give form to the monster, blood, musk with a taste of wine, and Chinese spice.

Marco
Bright-eyed, brightly colored as a bird. Golden musk, citrus, and vetiver,

Paul
Leonine ferocity. Sandalwood, amber, and heavy musk with a touch of motor oil.

Dwayne
Still waters running deep and dark. Pennyroyal, moss, and cedar, over cool notes, like rare, deep laughter.

Laddie
Little child lost on the midway after the lights go off. Just a lingering taste of cotton candy over light pine, and rich orange.

Star
Brightness fallen into darkness. Lemongrass and white musk, with an almost forgotten whiff of innocence like peony.

Michael Emerson
Big brother with a reckless streak. Cedar and musk, with windblown tangerine.

Sam Emerson
Cedar and pepper, with some homesick vanilla stirred in.

Grandpa
Mellow, but deceptively so, with sharpness underneath. Cedar and clary sage, bergamot and sassafras.

Lucy
A boy’s best friend is his mother. Clean linen with yellow apple and green tea and sweetened with vanilla.

Nanook
The Protector. Oakmoss and cedar with undertones of musky leather.

The Frog Brothers
Edgar and Allen. Dry pages and midnight oil mixed with the scent of fresh wood shavings and chocolate.

Santa Carla
The Murder Capitol of the World. Warm and windy, the carnival atmosphere is all that holds back a primal fear of the dark. Dry, airy notes with black musk, festive cherry and orange highlights, too sweet candy, and bloody sawdust.

Max
King of the Wild Things. Mild-mannered dry pear and a lonely light musk with hungry undertones of blood and vetiver.

Thor
The Hellhound. Sharp musk and brimstone masked in a soft amber to hide its bite.

How did I get on this? Oh, yeah... I was watching the new Nightmare on Elm Street trailers and that got me thinking of the first scary movie I had ever seen which I think was Lost Boys (the first movie to make me hide my eyes was Raiders of the Lost Ark. I didn't want to see the big man get filleted by the airplane propeller and I was like, three. Maybe four. Little. But the first actual movie that was maybe meant to be scary and I watched by myself was Lost Boys and then after that I saw where BPAL had made a Hellboy line and I said "Why not a Lost Boys one? T'would be awesome!"

Ok. I have no excuse. I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment