Monday, January 11, 2010

Aren’t I too old for ‘late for class’ stress dreams?

I dreamed I was in some foreign country, trying to figure out the public transportation schedules so I could get to class on time. And once I made it to the school, I got derailed into the morning DnD session. They promised we’d be done in time for first period and started dragging out the props.

There were a lot of props.

Much more than I’ve ever seen in a tabletop game anyway. Like yard sale stuff. The best (worst?) one was a jabberwocky lamp that was completely hideous. I had to wonder where it showed up in the Monster Manual

Jabberwock Lamp

Hit Dice:
5d10+150
Initiative: +11
Speed: Cord length
Armor Class: 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+25
Special Attack: Frightful Presence, Grab, Rush, Swallow Whole, Bite, Claw, Bludgeon Intruder Over Head With
Special Qualities: Carapace, requires 70 watt bulbs, Legend status, Whimsical Poem
Abilities: STR 15, DEX 12, CON 10, INT 5, WIS 3, CHA 1 (See Flaw: TACKY), Search+9, Spot +17, Survival 5 (+10)
Skills: Illuminate, Reading Improvement, Flame Eyes, Jawsbite, Clawsnatch, Whiffle, Burble
Environment: Tulgey Wood near Tumtum Trees, on end tables near plugs
Treasure: lightbulbs
Alignment: neutral

Photobucket
^ See that? Now imagine that with a lampshade sticking out of its back, sitting on your night stand, watching you sleep. Awful.

1 comment: