Friday, January 29, 2010

No, Neigh, Never

I have a horse named after me.

It's a weird, long-necked, three-legged horse drawn in orange crayon, but it is named after me.

This week we did letter Hh, and our animal was the horse. About three years ago, I made a horse poster with pictures of horses and ponies from the library's old Ranger Rick magazines and the kids always argue over which one was 'theirs' and wanted to know their names. So I had to make names up. (That one's Roscoe, that one's Dixie, that one's Charlemagne. They call him Charlie Horse for short.)

For an activity, I had them try to draw a horse and think of a name for it. One of them was named after me.

Photobucket

Get a load of the little Sleipner there. His name is Goonie.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Do you also have a possum named after you? Should do. Jay

    ReplyDelete