Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Now I’m all Depressed

All of my favorite characters die, and every movie I really like gets ignored at award time.

I knew Avatar would come swooping in, but Megan’s report on what was included and what was cast aside just makes me growl to myself.

Even when a movie I like wins something, it’s never the movie I liked best. In fact I never had a reason to cheer for award shows at all until the Lord of the Rings rolled out and even then it got seemingly(to me) random awards until the last movie. (Sound Editing? Who watches the Battle at Helm’s Deep and thinks ‘Hm! Nice sound editing?’)

Perhaps they took this to heart:
Photobucket

If only there was a way to channel all this fangirliness into a positive force for neglected awesomeness everywhere. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I long-ago decided that what I liked the Academy didn't like, a good way to pick the winner, I suppose. Then, one reads about all the politics involved among Academy members...but I love the movies I like regardless!

    ReplyDelete