Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bookworms Sometimes Take to the Air

I'm tempted to save my books with grim titles to read on the plane. Sometimes I'm chipper and chatty, depending on how long my flights are, how many legs left to go, etc, and sometimes I just want to be left alone in my little boredom/misery coma. It is those latter times when a fellow traveller is most likely to try and talk to me.

So, if I have my big volume of Evil Beyond Belief: An Archive of Heinous Crimes in History* out and am peering thoughtfully at the crime scene photos, perhaps it would discourage the idly gabby. Then again, it might encourage the truly freaky, so maybe I'll just stick my director's cut of JTHM. Oh... Wait. Ok. World of Darkness sourcebooks are also usually good for starting or stopping conversations.

And then I remember that my best Christmas present of all was a Kindle and that hauling my books, no matter how inexpensive, is no longer necesary. I wonder if Watchmen is available on Kindle yet? Must investigate.



*Priced at $4.99 and throw in another 30% off and the only reason I can bear all the book stores closing is that I can spend like $40 and impulse-buy more books than I can carry. I'm serious. I had to make a trip to the car to drop them off before I went on.

2 comments:

  1. You got a kindle!!! whoa. now just figure out how to have your kindle display either a welcoming title (Heidi comes to mind) or an off-putting one (you will be hard pressed to beat Heinous Crimes.

    Have a good trip! Miss you,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo yearn for a Kindle...waiting for #3 as I read that #2 doesn't bookmark...kinda sad, tho, about bookstores closing...anyway, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete