Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Squeedly-spooch, it ain't...

I witnessed a collision today. Two three year old boys, running utterly amuck towards each other, with all the world in which to manuever in, yet they smack straight into each other.

One cried exactly as long as it took me to say "Oh, poor baby! Are you ok??" Then he was fine. The other clutched his stomach and said weakly, "That hurt my tapeworm!"

I wasn't sure I had heard right. But that's what he said. So I want to know what big brother/uncle/cousin told that child he had a tapeworm and charged him to take care of it?? Cuz that's just crazy. Even for here.

3 comments:

  1. Decades ago it was common to tell barefooted kids in the south their tummies hurt because they had a tapeworm...and sometimes they did have worms, but not tapeworms...whoever's spinning this yarn to kids is nutso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the south, used to be said of someone who could eat and eat and eat and eat.... you get the idea....without ever putting on any weight that s/he had must have a tapeworm in there. Was just a joke that thin people got told by not-so-thin folk. wonder if that use of the term could be at play here?

    ReplyDelete