Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sometimes the Library Gods smile.

We had been doing a garden unit for two weeks and had read every garden book I could find, so I figured I’d grab something that looked fun for the last Friday and give the little guys some eye candy. They love anything with monsters in it, so I snagged Frog Belly Rat Bone by Timothy Basil Ering

Photobucket


It’s about a boy who lives in a dreary concrete world and wishes to find a treasure more than anything.

Photobucket

When he finds a treasure, he had to create a monster to protect it and names it Frog Belly Rat Bone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I won’t ruin the ending, but it turns out that this was a gardening book after all. Just an especially cool one. They kids loved it so much I let them make some monsters of their own. I let them use the scrap box and glue sticks. They had to tear the shapes without scissors, so no fuss, no muss, and no whining that it was too hard. I think they came out pretty well. (also note the paper plate fish...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I want to go back to kindergarten and be in YOUR class! Jay

    ReplyDelete